Wednesday, October 6, 2010

RIP Dwight Clark


Dwight A. Clark, age 18 and Freshman at WWU. 


Dwight went missing Sunday, Sept. 26, 2010. For the past week, family, friends, and community members have been searching day and night for this young adult. 


Rumors and gossip spread like wild fire... "I heard he just took off." "I bet he's hiding from the media." "I heard two waitresses in Blaine saw him in a diner all depressed." "I think it's another case having to do with the Smiley Face Murders." "Did you hear about the text message?" "Did you hear about the poster?" "There's that psychic who says he's out by Mt. Baker Hwy."


Sadly, but thankfully, Dwight Clark was found near the old Georgia Pacific log pond late morning Wednesday, Oct. 6, 2010. Thoughts and prayers are with the Clark family in this devastating time.


I would be lying if I said we can all sleep a little better knowing Dwight's body was finally found. Yes it is great that no one had to wonder where he could be but now the questions remain: WHO IN THIS WORLD IS SICK ENOUGH TO MURDER A STUDENT AND JUST DUMP HIS BODY AS IF HE WASN'T ANYTHING OR ANYONE IMPORTANT? How can the people of Bellingham feel safe and sound roaming around when killers are still out there? 


I can't sit here and say I knew Dwight personally, but I have heard nothing but good things about his character. How can these bastards sleep at night knowing they killed an innocent kid just trying to get back home. He had his whole life ahead of him, and no one will ever know the greatness he could've achieved. How can we have sick and demented people in this world who think they can take a life away without warning? What in their brains, if they have any, is different from that from a compassionate human being? I want to really ask these kids what was going on in their heads to just attack such a sweet person like Dwight.


I pray to the heavens above that someone comes forward or someone finds the criminals involved. Justice needs to be served.

2 comments: