Saturday, October 9, 2010

Update on Dwight

Newest on Dwight:

After careful examination by the Whatcom County medical examiner, no signs of trauma or internal/external injuries were found on Dwight. Dwight Clark was then said to have died by drowning. They have yet to determine whether or not this was an accidental drowning or what else could have happened. A toxicology report is being done and will be released in about 6-8 weeks.

So all of the rumors and beliefs about Clark could be false. But people still question if he really did just fall in. To further explain why it is hard to believe it was an accident, let's go over everything we have been told and know...

Dwight left the party and headed UP Indian St. toward Nash Hall dorms. Nash Hall, if you are not familiar with Western's campus, is about a 5 min. walk from where the party was located.

A blank text from Dwight's phone was traced to the corner of Railroad Ave. and Magnolia St. This intersection is about a 10-15 min. walk from the party location. For those not familiar with Bellingham, know that Dwight would've had to be going up Indian St. for 0.1 miles then turn right and down (away from where you can clearly see his dorm) E. Myrtle St., turn right on N. Garden St. and continue about 1 mile to get to the corner of Magnolia and Railroad.

There has been speculation that Clark could have passed out, or even fallen over in the Whatcom Creek which leads down to where his body was discovered near GP. However, if he did in fact travel toward Whatcom Creek, he would have walked another 1.5 or so miles to the closest "entry" into the creek. Any other "entry" to the creek would be a farther distance to walk.

[Note all the area he would have covered]

If Clark would have gone to the area which his body was discovered and just simply passed out and fell in, he would have had to go all the way to Magnolia and Railroad (where the text was traced) then completely turn the other way around and walk about a mile to the dock near GP. It's possible Dwight could have continued on Cornwall Ave and maybe fallen into the bay that way but it just doesn't seem possible.

I tried getting a map on here but it wouldn't work for me.

Back to facts...

The police brought in a cadaver dog which traced Dwight's scent from the party house to E. Myrtle St.(0.1 miles away) and the dog had stopped and sat on Myrtle St. indicating the scent had gone away. The dog had been brought down near the location of where Clark's body was found and picked up the scent again.


The dog scented Dwight as if he had gotten near E. Myrtle St., possibly got picked up, and did not touch ground leaving a scent until his body was in the water.

There are so many questions still needing to be answered. Was it an accident? It could've been. Does it seem like more than an accident? Yes it does. Is there more to the story than what we think? Yes because someone out there knows something and we need them to come clean. There are missing pieces to this puzzle and it's going to be damn hard trying to put it all together.

Remember I am speaking from my point of view. If there is something I am leaving out or something I misinterpreted, then let me know. But as far as I am aware, I have the information correct.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Finally checked out your Blog but see you haven't been writing lately!